Tasks and Duties
- Determines, administers, and executes policies relating to administration, standards of hatchery operations, and facility maintenance.
- Oversees trapping and spawning of fish, egg incubation, and fry rearing, applying knowledge of management and fish culturing techniques.
- Oversees movement of mature fish to lakes, ponds, streams or commercial tanks.
- Collects information regarding techniques for collecting, fertilizing, incubating spawn, and treatment of spawn and fry.
- Accounts for and dispenses funds.
- Prepares reports required by state and federal laws.
- Prepares budget reports.
- Confers with biologists and other fishery personnel to obtain data concerning fish habits, food, and environmental requirements.
- Approves employment and discharge of employees, signs payrolls, and performs personnel duties.
This project is supported, in part, by the National Science Foundation. Opinions expressed are those of the authors and not necessarily the Foundation.