Tasks and Duties
- Maintain exhibit aesthetics by maintain viewing surface, adding and removing specimens, maintaining proper lighting, and removing unwanted materials
- Maintain life support by monitoring equipment performance and troubleshooting, repairing and replacing equipment as necessary.
- Maintain water quality by frequent water testing.
- Acquire specimens after identifying sources and obtaining permits. Oversee specimen transport, acclimation and introduction into exhibits.
- Determine the dietary needs of specimens. Prepare and feed specimens.
- Maintain and record animal health by observe and diagnosing health issues, and applying appropriate treatments.
- Design exhibits after determining theme and focus and after conducting feasibility study. Design appropriate life support system.
- Locate and order materials, prepare location and construct exhibits.
- Assist with training, education and media relations. May include training of volunteers and interns and preparation of presentations for tours.
This project is supported, in part, by the National Science Foundation. Opinions expressed are those of the authors and not necessarily the Foundation.