Tasks and Duties
- Collect and interpret data from a variety of sources, arrange and presenting in reports and policy recommendations.
- Communicate scientific and technical information through oral briefings, written documents, workshops, conferences, and public hearings.
- Conduct field surveys and monitor variable to establish baseline data or levels of pollution/contamination.
- Conduct audits to evaluate the environmental impact of particular activities.
- Conduct environmental impact assessments for a wide array of development projects.
- Review and implement environmental technical standards, guidelines, policies, and formal regulations that meet all appropriate requirements.
- Provide technical guidance, support, and oversight to environmental programs.
- Provide advice on proper standards and regulations or the development of policies, strategies, and codes of practice for environmental management.
- Determine data collection methods to be employed in research projects and surveys.
This project is supported, in part, by the National Science Foundation. Opinions expressed are those of the authors and not necessarily the Foundation.